About Me

My photo
My name is Tomi and I live with my wonderful husband and my two kids (my dogs!) in Ada, Ohio. I am currently doing student teaching and will be graduating in May 2012. I have decided to start a blog which I hope will follow me to my first teaching position. Being that I have little experience teaching, I have MANY questions so I might frequently ask the help of my followers!

Saturday, February 18, 2012

Student Teaching!

Sorry I have been MIA lately! Student teaching began a few weeks ago and I have been busy, busy, busy working and planning! Thursday was my birthday and I couldnt have gotten a better present from my co-op than I did. Without delving too much into anything she gave me some kind words of encouragement and really helped me to see that what I am doing is working really well.

I have taught several lessons now and I am one week away from taking on the entire day. Its crazy to think I will only be teaching a full day for two weeks. I feel like now that I have gotten to the point of almost all of the day, I can handle anything! It really is encouraging to get up there and do well and see such amazing results.

Thursday after school, I stayed with my co-op and planned for the next week. We ended up staying until 6pm. Crazy thing was, I wasnt even upset about being there so late on my birthday. I missed my own surprise party too but it was all worth it. I love being in the classroom and I feel so refreshed when I leave for the day. I really feel like I am making a difference every single day. I just love it!

Anywho, my question for this post was about fractions. I will be teaching fractions for math next week to my third graders. Its the first time they have been introduced to it and I am wondering what worked for you when teaching this topic. If you have any ideas, suggestions, or lessons that worked for you I would love the help!

Thanks to all of you who continually check back with me and please follow me! THANK YOU!!

No comments:

Post a Comment