About Me

My photo
My name is Tomi and I live with my wonderful husband and my two kids (my dogs!) in Ada, Ohio. I am currently doing student teaching and will be graduating in May 2012. I have decided to start a blog which I hope will follow me to my first teaching position. Being that I have little experience teaching, I have MANY questions so I might frequently ask the help of my followers!

Thursday, January 5, 2012

Pinterest...and A Second Question!

I have recently started "pinning" on Pinterest. I am addicted already! I had no idea how many talented people there are in the world. Of course, as many others, I wanted to try my hand at creating something I saw on Pinterest. I have created a lesson plan book to use during student teaching. I will be starting to teach in a few weeks and couldn't be more excited! Which leads me to this thought: What are some people so...PESSIMISTIC?? I've been working at a small hotel working my way through school for the past three years. I have worked hard to accomplish what I have and I don't mind others doing the same. Someone who recently started working for the hotel also has an education degree and was ever so willing to tell me how I am wasting my time. She went on to say that she worked at a school for three years and she was "let go" due to budget constraints. I understand that you have had a hard time of it and I sympathize with you, but why do you have to bring me down in the process??? She then went on to say that she thought early childhood teachers were "the worst" about sharing ideas and were often times "catty" with one another. SERIOUSLY?! I cant believe you would even suggest that? The teachers that I have met have all been super helpful and willing to share all their secrets! I certainly hope that I can keep my enthusiasm and avoid negativity like this in the future!

SO, enough about me...I want to try to ask another question...How do you start your first weeks of school? What kinds of routines do you set for your students? How "strict" do you find you need to be in order to establish these routines? What is one secret that you can share with me? ANY AND ALL HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATED!

Hope you are having a wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment